EVENT: Launch of The Preparedness Report
|Launch of The Preparedness Report : How universities and professions must change to address climate change
The UWA Public Policy Institute is pleased to announce the release of its new major publication
The Preparedness Report – Climate change and the challenges facing universities and professions
A first of its kind, this report is concerned with the implications of climate change for academic disciplines and professional bodies: their responses to, as well as their responsibility for adapting in the face of its challenges. Focusing on a small group of examples, the report presents answers to questions such as:
• How will climate change impact on the feasibility, processes, sustainability and operations of a range of professions?
• How must these professions evolve and adapt in order to keep pace with those changes?
• How will future members of these professions need to be educated and trained?
• How will the underlying disciplines of the professions change?
• Which new fields of research and education will emerge?
Join us for the official launch of this important publication, and hear directly from some of the expert authors, as well as UWA Vice-Chancellor Amit Chakma and former WA Premier Carmen Lawrence.
Jillian Formentin (President, Engineers Australia WA), Sajni Gudka (Director, Urban Impact Project), Jessica Henderson (Barrister, Francis Burt Chambers), Kate Hislop (Head of School, UWA School of Design), David Pannell (Professor, Co-director, Centre for Environmental Economics and Policy, UWA), Charitha Pattiaratchi (Professor, UWA Oceans Graduate School)
UWA (exact venue to be confirmed)
Wed, 09 Dec 2020 17:00
Wed, 09 Dec 2020 18:30
RSVP is required.
Anneke Forster <[email protected]>
Tue, 08 Dec 2020 12:40
- Locations of venues on the Crawley and Nedlands campuses are
available via the Campus Maps website.
- Download this event as:
Mail this event: