CONFERENCE: 2019 In The Zone Conference: Critical Minerals: Securing Indo-Pacific Technology Futures
|2019 In The Zone Conference: Critical Minerals: Securing Indo-Pacific Technology Futures : Launched in November 2009, In The Zone is Western Australia's premier forum on questions of regional significance
Western Australia is the gateway to the Indo-Pacific. As the nation’s regional capital, Perth watches the future unfold from a fascinating vantage point. This presents our economy and society with profound opportunities for cultural enrichment and increased prosperity. In fast-moving times, it is difficult for leaders to keep the pulse of circumstances, to reach beyond the headlines and consider the deeper forces driving events. Over the years, In the Zone has provided business and policymakers with the opportunity to lift their gaze to the demands of the twenty-first century.
In partnership with The University of Western Australia, In The Zone 2019 - Critical Minerals: Securing Indo-Pacific Technology Futures will attract more than 350 delegates from government and business across the Indo-Pacific region to examine:
* The importance of critical materials for modern telecommunication, science, defence and digital networks
* The economic, environmental and security challenges facing existing critical materials industries
* The imperative of developing more secure and sustainable critical materials value chains
* The potential for Western Australia to collaborate with Indo-Pacific partners to support the technological foundations of the region's prosperity. Ticket includes: morning and afternoon tea, lunch and networking reception (5-6pm).
Hon. Kim Beazley AC, Hon. Bill Johnston MLA, Amanda Lacaze, Lynas Corporation,Ken Brinsden, Pilbara Minerals and many more.
The Westin Hotel, 480 Hay Street Perth
Perth USAsia Centre
: 6488 4323
Tue, 08 Oct 2019 08:15
Tue, 08 Oct 2019 18:00
RSVP is required.
Perth USAsia Centre <[email protected]>
Fri, 15 May 2020 15:14
- Locations of venues on the Crawley and Nedlands campuses are
available via the Campus Maps website.
- Download this event as:
Mail this event: