SEMINAR: Researchers in Agriculture for International Development (RAID) Seminar and Networking Event
|Researchers in Agriculture for International Development (RAID) Seminar and Networking Event
There is a rapidly growing interest among agricultural research to work in international development. Certainly, it is an extraordinary field, filled with challenges, yet bringing enormous rewards. Some key questions that many enthusiasts face are:
How do I get involved?
What does a career in international development entail?
Which organisations exists and what do they do?
If any of the above ring a bell to you, please join us in our next RAID event. Researchers in Agricultural for International Development (RAID) is an Australia-wide network aimed at connecting, supporting and engaging with researchers with an interest in this space.
Please, join us on 7 March to meet and learn from top leading researchers in the field:
Dr Deborah Prichard: Senior Lecturer, Department of Environment and Agriculture, Curtin University
- Prof. Richard Bell: Professor in Land Management and leader of the Land Management Group at Murdoch University
- Prof. Kadambot Siddique: Hackett Professor of Agriculture Chair and Director, The UWA Institute of Agriculture
- Dr Eloise Biggs: Lecturer, Faculty of Science, UWA School of Agriculture and Environment
- Prof. Tim Colmer: Acting Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research), UWA School of Agriculture and Environment
- Dr David Mickler: Interim Director of the UWA Africa Research & Engagement Centre (AfREC) and Senior Lecturer in Foreign Policy & International Relations in the School of Social Science, UWA
- Em Prof. Lynette Abbott: Senior Honorary Research Fellow, UWA School of Agriculture and Environment, Crawford Fund WA Committee Coordinator
- David Windsor: Consulting Agricultural Scientist, WA Chair AG Institute Australia
Speakers will talk about their own experiences and provide tips on how to get actively involved in agricultural research for international development. The event is aimed at CONNECTING people with a common passion, so we encourage all attendees to participate in the networking after the talks. Nibbles and drinks will be provided.
The RAID team look forward to seeing you at the event!
Note: There is free parking in and around campus after 5pm.
Dr Deborah Prichard (Curtin University), Prof. Richard Bell (Murdoch University), Dr Eloise Biggs (UWA), Prof. Kadambot Siddique (UWA), Dr David Mickler (UWA), Em Prof. Lynette Abbott (UWA), David Windsor (AG Institute Australia) and Prof. Tim Colmer (UWA).
OceanWorks space Indian Ocean Marine Research Centre (IOMRC), UWA 64 Fairway Crawley, WA 6009
Thu, 07 Mar 2019 17:00
Thu, 07 Mar 2019 19:30
RSVP is required.
Sarah Shimizu <[email protected]>
Fri, 15 May 2020 15:14
- Locations of venues on the Crawley and Nedlands campuses are
available via the Campus Maps website.
- Download this event as:
Mail this event: