SEMINAR: Mathematics and Statistics colloquium
|Mathematics and Statistics colloquium : Generalisations and variations of the Monty Hall Problem
The Monty Hall problem is a probability puzzle based on an American television game show. Some generalisations of the original problem are considered here:
- The probability distribution is generalised from equal likelihood to an arbitrary known prior distribution, with the number of doors changed to a general n.
- Optimal decision rule among a class of randomised strategies is derived.
- The behaviour of the host and its consequences are taken into account.
- Variations and further generalisations are considered.
Dr Vasudevan Mangalam
Robert Street Lecture Theatre
Thu, 01 Nov 2018 16:00
Thu, 01 Nov 2018 17:00
Ayham Zaitouny <[email protected]>
Fri, 09 Nov 2018 10:17
- Locations of venues on the Crawley and Nedlands campuses are
available via the Campus Maps website.
- Download this event as:
Mail this event: