OPEN DAY: Lions Eye Institute Open Day is free on Saturday 20 Oct 9:30-12:30
|Lions Eye Institute Open Day is free on Saturday 20 Oct 9:30-12:30 : Open Day this Saturday 20 October 2018 - Free event
This year’s Open Day will feature interactive displays from a number of LEI research groups showcasing the latest in cutting edge eye science with a focus on eye genetics, DNA testing, stem cell technology, gene therapy and clinical trials.
Displays on offer:
• Experience being inside the eye using virtual reality technology.
• Learn how the LEI uses skin samples to grow eye cells in petri dishes.
• Vision impairment glasses will show you how different eye diseases affect eyesight.
• Chat with LEI Managing Director Professor David Mackey.
• Games prizes and raffles.
• Special offers on eye tests with the Lions Optics team.
• Learn about the ATOM study and how we’re tackling short-sightedness is children.
• Get a close look at a real eyeball.
• Make damper with our Outback Vision team and learn more about their work in remote WA.
• Learn more about our ‘Surfer’s eye’ clinical trial and many more.
The Open Day is free and all are welcome.
- Locations of venues on the Crawley and Nedlands campuses are
available via the Campus Maps website.
- Download this event as:
Mail this event: