Pawsey Supercomputing Centre is pleased to invite you to the FREE NeCTAR Research Cloud training - introductory workshop.
This training workshop will provide attendees with the available Cloud resources at the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre. At the end of the workshop, attendees should feel confident in applying and experimenting with this exciting new technology.
Presented by Chris Bording from the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre, the workshop will aim to provide a basic introduction to the NeCTAR Research Cloud.
An outline of the content/proceedings includes:
Introduction to the Unix shell:
- The basics of Unix shell
- Creating and Editing files
- Basic system configuration
NeCTAR workshop training:
- Introduction, outcomes and motivation for using NeCTAR
- Setting up your local resource for accessing the cloud
- Accessing the NeCTAR dashboard
- Obtaining Keys and setting Security Groups
- Creating and Launching an Instance
- Moving your data to the NeCTAR research cloud
- Managing data storage and file systems
- Installing applications
- Creating Snapshots
- Applying for NeCTAR allocations.
This workshop is free of charge, however prior registration by 10 March 2015 is essential as space is limited. To register go to: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nectar-research-cloud-training-the-university-of-western-australia-tickets-17476187748
Located in the Red Room at the Centre for Learning Technology, ground floor, Physics building. Please note, access is via the ramp on the outside of the building, not through the Physics Foyer.
Please note that participants will need to bring their own UWA or personal laptop to this training workshop. Morning and afternoon tea will be provided.
For further information please email [email protected]