Pawsey Supercomputing Centre is pleased to invite you to the Nectar Research Cloud Training Introductory Workshop.
The workshop will provide attendees with the available Cloud resources at the Pawsey Supercomputing Centre, and will aim to provide a basic introduction to the NeCTAR Research Cloud. Area's covered will include the basics of configuring, and launching a virtual instance, followed by an introduction to the Unix shell, and, time permitting, a short course on programming using R. By the end of the workshop attendees should feel confident in applying and experimenting with this exciting new technology.
NeCTAR workshop training topics covered -
- Introduction, outcomes and motivation for using NeCTAR
- Setting up your local resource for accessing the cloud
- Accessing the NeCTAR dashboard
- Obtaining Keys and setting Security Groups
- Creating and Launching an Instance
- Moving your data to the NeCTAR research cloud
- Creating Snapshots
Introduction to the Unix shell topics covered -
- The basics of the Unix shell
- Creating and Editing files
- Basic system configuration
Introduction to Programming using R topics covered -
- Basic programming concepts reading and writing data
- Using help in R
- Data types and subsetting data
- Using Vectors
- Control flow
This workshop is free of charge, however registration by 20 March 2015 is ESSENTIAL as space is limited. A light lunch and refreshments will be provided. Please note that participants will need to bring their own UWA or personal laptop to this training workshop.
Please register your attendance by emailing [email protected]