WORKSHOP: Student - Supervisor Relationships
|Student - Supervisor Relationships : Research Supervision Professional Development Program
This workshop is designed for supervisors of Higher Degree Research (HDR) students and is grounded in the Graduate Research School's Policies and Rules. Supervisors of Honours and Postgraduate Coursework students are also welcome to attend.
- Supervisor and student responsibilities at UWA.
- Establishing & building supervisor-student relationships.
- Common causes of supervisor-student disharmony.
- Support & resources for research students and supervisors.
This workshop aims to assist participants to:
- develop a clear understanding of the role and responsibilities of a supervisor at UWA as defined by the Graduate Research Training Policy.
- increase awareness of a range of approaches to postgraduate supervision and of the specific contributions a supervisor can make as a mentor to their students.
- develop a more productive working relationship with postgraduate students, to identify the key qualities of good supervisors and good supervision, and to discuss practical suggestions on how to handle the difficulties that may arise in the supervisor-student relationship.
- become familiar with the University's support framework for both the supervisor and student.
- Locations of venues on the Crawley and Nedlands campuses are
available via the Campus Maps website.
- Download this event as:
Mail this event: