WORKSHOP: Workshop: Australian Oil and Gas Law
The workshop examines the fundamentals of Australian oil and gas law. Topics covered may include:
* the legal nature and protection of oil and gas exploration and production rights, both generally and in Australia
* the Australian regulatory and licensing regime
* control of operations
* operating and other agreements
* infrastructure issues
* regulation of downstream operations including gas codes
* fiscal arrangements.
The workshop will be accessible not only to lawyers entering the field, but also to those already concerned with oil and gas issues, government officials, resource company personnel, and others who seek an understanding of the legal context in which issues arise.
The workshop will be led by Professor Terence Daintith, The Centre for Mining, Energy and Natural Resources Law. Other participants will include:
* Members of the Resources and Energy Law Association (AMPLA)
* Members of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN) Australia/Asia chapter
* Other leading specialists in oil and gas law drawn from private practice and in-house counsel.
A full set of reading materials will be distributed. Plenary sessions, in the form of lectures interspersed with class discussion, will be supplemented by small-group sessions examining in greater detail concrete or topical problems in the framing or application of the law.
Continuing Professional Points (CPD)
7 points (Competency Areas 1 and 3) - see brochure for further information
The Centre for Mining, Energy and Natural Resources Law
Co-Director Professor John Chandler (08) 6488 1907
Administrative Officer Jennifer Rhodes (08) 6488 2995
Visit the Centre's webpage for the full list of 2014 CPD activities and the latest news.
Professor Terence Daintith
The University of Western Australia, G.06, Moot Court, Law Building, Hackett Drive, Entry 1
Tue, 11 Feb 2014 09:00
Fri, 14 Feb 2014 17:00
RSVP is required.
Michelle Kelly <[email protected]>
Wed, 22 Jan 2014 16:21
- Locations of venues on the Crawley and Nedlands campuses are
available via the Campus Maps website.
- Download this event as:
Mail this event: