COURSE: ACG Ground Support in Mining Short Course (Introduction)
|ACG Ground Support in Mining Short Course (Introduction) : This basic level course has been developed to cover both the technical and practical aspects of ground support for open pit and underground metalliferous and coal mines.
Short course topics
• Types of ground instability in underground and surface
• Mechanisms of reinforcing and supporting rock.
• Bolting alternatives and their relative performance.
• Support design techniques including practical constraints
• Support installation methods and minimum standards of
• Quality assurance programmes.
• Support costs and monitoring the support design.
• Rockfalls and mine seismicity in underground mines.
• Ground support in highly deformable ground.
• Case studies from the coal and metalliferous industries.
Each topic will be illustrated by case history examples from surface and underground mines.
- Locations of venues on the Crawley and Nedlands campuses are
available via the Campus Maps website.
- Download this event as:
Mail this event: