WORKSHOP: Supervising Postgraduate Students
Those who are engaged in postgraduate supervision and who want to reflect upon, develop and refine their current conceptions and practice of supervision. This workshop not only provides grounding in the Graduate Research School's guidelines, policies and procedures for the effective supervision of research students, but also addresses issues related to managing the personal relationship between supervisor and student. This workshop additionally touches on aspects of supervising international students, and provides a context for exploring these in further detail in the subsequent half-day workshop, 'Supervising International Students'.
• Supervision in context - UWA's vision for the future;
• The supervisor-student relationship;
• Professionalising postgraduate supervision;
• Important issues relating to international students;
• Postgraduate student and experienced supervisor panels.
Michael Azariadis, Jo Edmondston and Krys Haq
ME Wood Theatre St Catherine's College 2 Park Rd Nedlands
Centre for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning
: 08 6488-1577
Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:00
Thu, 29 Nov 2012 16:30
RSVP is required.
CATLoffice <[email protected]>
Tue, 28 Aug 2012 13:32
- Locations of venues on the Crawley and Nedlands campuses are
available via the Campus Maps website.
- Download this event as:
Mail this event: