PUBLIC LECTURE: Launch of Big Issues for Western Australia
Launch of the UWA Public Policy Institute's new publication - Big Issues for Western Australia
The UWA Public Policy Institute is pleased to announce the launch of a major new publication, Big Issues for Western Australia.
We have gathered the opinions and practical suggestions of key WA figures across a wide range of issues, which have all been collated into a new publication to be officially launched on Tuesday 20 August 2019.
Big Issues for Western Australia gets opinion formers to look at concerns that are vital for the future success of the state’s economy, communities, public services and social cohesion. Contributors are focused on old and new problems, fresh ideas and approaches, and crucially, the use of evidence and expertise to set policy choices, drawing on examples of what works elsewhere that can have traction in WA.
Join us at this launch where you will have the opportunity to hear from a panel of our contributors and the UWA Public Policy Institute’s work to support evidence-based public policy in WA.
Copies of the publication will be available at the event.
* Ms Amanda Hunt (CEO, Uniting Care West)
* Ms Rabia Siddique (international humanitarian lawyer, keynote speaker, author)
* The Honourable Professor Stephen Smith (Chair of UWA Public Policy Institute Advisory Board)
* The Honourable Simone McGurk MLA (Minister for Child Protection; Women's Interests; Prevention of Family and Domestic Violence; Community Services)
- Locations of venues on the Crawley and Nedlands campuses are
available via the Campus Maps website.
- Download this event as:
Mail this event: