|Ally Training : Learn about the needs of LGBTIQA+ staff and students, and join the Ally Network!
Ally Workshops are open to any staff member or student who wishes to better understand the issues and needs of LBGTIQA+ staff and students, and is considering becoming an Ally.
This workshop aims to raise awareness of the life experience, issues and needs of LGBTIQA+ staff and students, with a particular focus on lived experiences in work or study on campus. Participants who complete the workshop can elect to become part of the Ally Network and help contribute to a visibly supportive culture on campus.
By the end of the workshop, participants will:
- Develop a better understanding of LBTIQA+ people, issues, and cultures
- Reflect upon their own behavior, sensitivities, and understanding in relation to LBGTIQA+ people
- Explore the process of becoming an Ally, and
- Become familiar with practical issues concerning the Ally Network, how it functions, and the role of an Ally
This workshop includes group and individual exercises, video clips, role plays, panel of members from the LGBTIQA+ community.
Please register via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/uwa-ally-training-tickets-50582338135
- Locations of venues on the Crawley and Nedlands campuses are
available via the Campus Maps website.
- Download this event as:
Mail this event: